View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #313
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Yeah, I didn't mention other positions, but there are some great ones there too. Griffin will be there without a doubt, Blair is playing well, Harden looks pretty good. . . this could turn out to be a much better draft than people thought it was.

Nuggets play the Clippers this week. Be interesting to see if they bring it on the road or take the night off as they do sometimes.

Interesting theory proposed by the Clips' announcers in the post game last night. They said that, with the way the fans are down on the Clips' slow start and how much everyone can't stand that Dunleavy is still coaching the team, that the team gets really down at home, almost feeling like it is a hostile crowd, and it is contributing to their poor play. Case for this #1 being how the Clips blow late leads at home, and how they lost to the Thunder at home, but then they go on the read and beat the Thunder.

No players say this, mind you, just a theory of the announcers. I don't know that it doesn't have some weight. The only Clips fans are diehards, for obvious reasons (plenty of room on the bandwagon, lol), and for the most part, the diehards think Dunleavy makes dumb decisions on the bench and with his substitution patterns and that his coaching style limits the potential of most of the current roster (particularly Baron and Gordon and Thornton).

I personally have been for the Clips bumping Dunleavy up to GM and hiring a guy who wants to go a quicker pace myself, although not too fast--Kaman is still a key part of our game (although I have always felt he would still be better in quick pace offense than people give him credit for; he actually has some good athleticism for a big 7' white boy).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-16-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote