View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I am not a trademark lawyer, but I think that argument can be made and while not iron-clad it certainly could complicate future enforcement actions by Games Workshop.

GW had went after online stores a little bit ago to have them remove all their images for products because of IP concerns. They seem a little slowing in doing this. I think they have also gone after people trying to create fictional shows and computer mods that are in the 40K universe.

I understand why they are doing this, but just seems odd in the way they go about it. There are plenty of games that have fan sites dedicated to a specific game and liberally use the name of the game on their site so, not sure what they are trying to do here or what the differences are.

Also, my comments on not sure how they are in business still is more of a concern over their product lines and how they support them. I play 40K and seems like they can't get everything in synch from a rules standpoint. Ever.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 11-13-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote