View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #103
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
There's rumors that the Tigers are in a situation where they need to make some major cuts to payroll and Granderson along with just about everyone outside of Verlander, Cabrera, and Porcello are on the block.

DetTox, you heard anything?

It doesn't sound like it's a mandate, but the rumor is Dombrowski will trade Granderson if the right deal presents itself. I'd shudder to think what would happen to Dombrowski if he made that deal because Grandy might be the most beloved Detroit sports figure since Yzerman retired: he's just a great person.

Now personally, if a team like the Giants came to Dombrowski and offered a package that was highlighted by Madison Bumgarner, I think you have to do it.

Likely though, I give it a 10% chance of happening. If it did though, I think it'll be the Yankees to take him because they could also take on a guy like Nate Robertson and his terrible contract, and still give up a decent package in return.

We'll see what happens though. I certainly would not put it past Dombrowski because he's done a lot of big wheeling and dealing, but Grandy as a 3 or 5 hitter is a 30 HR/100 RBI type guy with speed and great D who is on an absurdly affordable contract for I believe 3 more years.

So to summarize, unless we either get an elite pitching or middle infield prospect who is about MLB ready, or a ton of salary relief via a team taking on Nate, Willis or Ordonez, I don't see it.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote