View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(rant) Games Workshop and their lack of clue. (new stupidity 11/18)!

FUMBBL :: Online Blood Bowl League

I am (or should I say was) the biggest fan of the game Blood Bowl. I personally championed the video game through development hell. A couple years worth. But fuck them. Fuck them and their lack of clue. They could not catch a clue in a field of horny clues, after spraying themselves with clue musk and doing the clue mating dance.

Here's the thing. This game is no longer for sale. The fans supported this game through the long years in the wilderness. They worked faithfully on getting the rules updated. The Living Rulebook is a result of the loyal, dedicated fans keeping a game alive that Games Workshop couldn't give a fuck about.

As a result of the fans effort, the game lives, The Cyanide game is a direct result of the LRB, of folks at FUMBBL playing a couple million games of Blood Bowl.

And this is how GW repays its most fervent fans. They're filing cease and desist orders against any site that has the word Blood Bowl in the name. That's 50 odd sites. They're demanding FUMBBL shut down. All in the name of supporting a bug ridden, limited piece of crap game that I cannot stomach. (and for me to be saying that, considering my original fandom, again, is something), and renewing their trademarks

Way to piss on your loyal supporters, Games Workshop.

Before anyone starts saying "Well, they own the IP, so it's legal".. quite frankly, I don't give a fuck about legal or not. It's not RIGHT. Right and Legal can be two very different concepts. They can do what they're doing. I have just as much right to tell them "Fuck you. I'm not going to buy your stuff any more. I'm going to instead spread the word that you shit on your most loyal fans"

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-18-2009 at 12:24 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote