View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #280
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I've honestly never paid attention to that, but it was clear that's what it was last night.

RainMaker,

I'm sorry, but there was no question that shot didn't get off last night. The top angle confirms it. The Denver feed had a perfect picture showing it.

I hate the refs in the NBA. Always have. I've even been on record as being a conspiracy theorist on NBA officiating.

Last night? On the final shot, they got it right. Period. I don't care if it took 10 minutes, 10 seconds 5 minutes. . . the job was to get the call right. I'd be saying this if it went the other way. In an NBA game, there are always about 8 calls a game a blind man could see that the refs miss. There are another 15-20 subjective calls that even themselves out unless you are playing the Lakers, in which case they get 75-80% of them. Then there are the ones they have the capability to use replay to look at.

They got this call right. I don't know how you can view it any other way. At the end of the day, I never would want the Nuggets to win simply because it took them too much time to look at the replay or they didn't have access to all the angles involved. That's cheap. Take your time. Look at every angle. Get the call right.
I think the Nuggets should have won due to the fact I think it's impossibe for them to grab a rebound and call timeout in 0.3 seconds. But I don't think that shot should be overturned as it was simply too close and not indisputable evidence in the two minutes the refs are allowed to use.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote