View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #275
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
One last note on the Bulls -

They are a much better team than I thought they were. They need Rose to attack the basket more. He was mainly a jump shooter last night and did well. . . but their inside game is essentially rebounding a miss and putting it back in. I know they don't have a true post presence, but with that being the case, they need to play some pick and roll dives at the basket. If they have an off night with the jump shot, they can be beat by any team in this league. (assuming the style I watched them play with last night is an accurate portrayal)

Also, I've said this before, but I love Ty Lawson. I'm fully convinced he's going to be a star in this league.
I agree. They are a really good defensive team. We missed Deng a lot last year. I think he did a solid job on Carmelo last night as well as Lebron the week before. While the loss of Gordon hurt us offensively, it made the team much better on defense. Gordon would just get abused night in and night out. Our problem right now is depth. With Tyrus Thomas and Aaron Grey out, we don't have a deep rotation inside. Will really hurt us on back to back nights.

I've been most impressed that they are winning while being a rather poor shooting team. Hinrich and Salmons have both been off their game early this year and can only get better. It'd be real interesting to see what happens if we are able to plug a guy like Wade or Bosh into the team next year.

And I agree with Lawson. Great spot for him to play behind Chauncey for a year or two. Never understand why NBA teams ignore college performance in these drafts. Lawson was a stud in college and made that NC team what it was.

Last edited by RainMaker : 11-11-2009 at 02:33 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote