View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #379
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Surprised no talk about the HoF induction the other day. Congrats to one of the best HoF classes ever.

Particularly to Luc Robitaille, who was described by a scout once as "slower than the Zamboni" when he was a prospect.

I heard and read some of Yzerman's induction speech and (not surprisingly) I thought it was great. There was a lot of press on Yzerman over the weekend in the local papers and it was fun to read through it all.

He did a Q&A with the Detroit Free Press and was asked about the biggest goal in his career. He obviously mentioned the Game 7, Double-OT series winner against St. Louis in '96, but followed that up by mentioning a goal he scored in Game 2 in the Western Conference Finals against Colorado in '97. I remember that game vividly. It was the height of the Wings/Avs rivalry and the Wings were already down 1-0 in the series and I think they were trailing 2-1 going into the third. They ended up winning the game 4-2 and I was jumping up and down on my couch at the end of the game.

It was also nice to see the first (of many) of the 2002 Wings team make into the Hall.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote