View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #237
TroyF
Coordinator

I used to be a big AI fan. Then he came to Denver. I was sick of him within the first year. I will never, ever forget Denver's first playoff series with AI. You think Carmelo and Nene had their playoff breakouts last year? No, actually it happened in 2006/07 against the Spurs.

Melo owned Bruce Bowen in that series. He averaged 27 points, 8 boards and shot an adjusted 52% for the series. Nene averaged 15 points, 8 rebounds and played great defense on Duncan.

So what happened for Denver in the series? AI average 22.8 points and 22.8 shot attempts per game. Melo and Nene combined for 30 shots a game, AI took 23 himself and shot an adjusted 38%. That series kills me to this day.

As for the rest of the Grizzlies, they are a mess. I like Gasol. Hate Thabeet. They play zero defense. (giving up a stunning 56% adjusted FG% for the year) They are a -5.8 in turnover differential.

And now they are giving Allen Iverson 28+ minutes a game and teaching the young guys how cool it is to yell at management from the media.

Pathetic.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote