View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #235
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah I don't hate the Randolph trade either. He's insanely talented and on his own he's not going to blow up a franchise, plus he's still only 28. If he gets his head screwed on that's a great trade for the Grizzlies.

Thabeet, yeah it looks bad when you think what they could have got for moving down. I guess we'll never know whether the Knicks actually wanted to move up or whether they were happy to get Curry at #8 (LOL) but if they were it's pretty bad when you think you could have had Jordan Hill and either another good young player or a future first and you took one of the biggest projects the league has ever seen. But let's give him a couple of years, if he can put on 40 pounds of muscle he's going to be an insane defensive force even if he never develops an offensive game (and with Mayo, Gay and maybe Randolph there he's not going to need to score much)

I had blocked out the horror of the Gasol trade TBH, yeah Marc turned out pretty good but not really the point. For a player that good who is the final piece to a championship puzzle for somebody else, you better get an absolute haul of young guys and picks and they got 1.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote