View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #233
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I would rank the Thabeet pick right up there with the AI signing in terms of things the Grizzlies royally screwed up. You're telling me you couldn't have gotten #8 plus something out of the Knicks for #2?

You are right, its a shame what the Grizz did with a nice young franchise. Look at a team like Atlanta - they've sucked for years but piece by piece they have built a playoff quality team. Memphis could have been on the same path. I'm not even going to go nuts on the Randolph trade - they got him for nothing, he's a talented guy and only has this year and next on his contract. Plus they needed another low post player who could score and rebound. Yes its going to probably result in some kind of headache but maybe not as bad as the mess that's coming with AI added in and at least Randolph isn't taking time away from promising young players.

Too bad Iverson went the way he did - he had such an amazing career and he's going to Stephon Marbury himself right out of the league. Rather than embracing a sixth man role while he still has some game left and latching on with a team that could win a title he ends up with a crappy team who didn't even need him but just wanted a name to sell more jerseys and seats.

The Grizz traded Pau Gasol to the Lakers for virtually nothing, and are now spending the same money they did on Pau to pay Zach Randolph.

The NBA: It's Amazing.