View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #349
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yup, noticed that for the first time today as well. He's off to a very good start.

I also recently noticed the Pens' Goligoski has really gotten off to a nutty start for a defensman, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Yep. I liked what I saw from Goligoski last year and took a shot on him in the fantasy hockey league. Thankful for that so far. He's producing some gaudy numbers for a D, let alone a rookie even with some NHL experience.

Coming into last year he was compared to Rafalski alot. He's really good with the puck, but he'll never be mistaken for a shutdown guy in his own end, because of his size (also Rafalski like at 5'11" and about 185).

Still, future looks pretty good with him and Letang even if Gonchar is not brought back after this season. Scary part might be he is two years older then Letang, though this is Letangs 3rd season, Gogo's 2nd.

Sporting News 2 weeks ago had an NHL section asking star defensemen about other D around the league. Dan Boyle pointed to Letang as most underrated. I'm not sure I'd go that far (there are alot of good players never mentioned), but that really caught my eye. Also, I've read that during the 2008 Finals, Bowman mentioned that Pittsburgh was a different team after they sat Letang (he was replaced by Sydor after Luc Bourdon's accident-- Letang and Bourdon were best friends), saying they lost alot with him in the pressbox...and this was when he was 20.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote