View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #49
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Rays pick up the $4M option (Might have to check my facts on that figure) on 2B Iwamura and send him to Pittsburgh for reliever Jesse Chavez.

I like the deal simply for the fact that it gets rid of some payroll and they also don't have to buy him out. It allows them to have a three-man platoon of Ben Zobrist, Matt Joyce, and Sean Rodriguez at 2B/RF.

I don't know much about Chavez other than the fact that he throws pretty hard (averages 94 MPH, tops at 96-97 I believe), but the Rays definitely need some bullpen help.

Hey Jets, you have any idea why the Rays didn't call Rodriguez up in September? I was pretty surprised he wasn't with the big squad for the final month. Not that he would play everyday (the Rays were still in contention, after all), but he's ready for the bigs and I would think they would want to know just what they got in him.

I am looking forward to seeing how he does.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote