View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #216
RainMaker
General Manager

Speaking of Lebron, Sam Smith had an interesting view on what could happen (on TV and an article he wrote). New York would almost be a step down surrounding cast wise. New Jersey has a lot of question marks with new ownership, stadiums, etc. So what about the Lakers? He said he's heard from some sources that the scenario has been battered around by people.

Essentially Lebron tells the Cavs he wants to play in LA and that's it. A sign and trade ensues. Lakers give up Bynum and a slew of other young guys and draft picks (and an expiring contract or two). It leaves the Cavs with a 23-year old Center to build around and some draft picks which is better than nothing. Kobe's getting up there in age so Lebron takes the reigns from him in a couple years after they win a couple championships.

I personally think he stays in Cleveland because there aren't really any good options out there. New York is a disaster and will waste his prime years for nothing. New Jersey is interesting but as I mentioned, lot of questions on the direction of that franchise. I don't see him going small market. The Lakers and/or Clipper make some sense.

As a darkhorse, I'll throw out my Bulls. He'd step in with Derrick Rose entering his 3rd year and on the verge of becoming one of the elite point guards in the game. Luol Deng is a solid #3 option. Noah gives some good energy and can run the floor. They also have some decent young guys like Taj Gibson who look like they could be a starter. I'd have to say that it would make them the favorites.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote