View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #187
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
I think LeBron will be a sign and trade, so those pieces will be gone.

If by "overall situation" you mean that the Nets barely meet the definition of "in the New York market" I would agree wholeheartedly. LeBron being there would change that somewhat, but the Knicks are WAY ahead in the consciousness and media coverage in New York.

First off, I don't think it'll be an S&T if he leaves. (I think he's gone, but I'll put the if in there anyway) Lebron will be unrestricted. It is not in his best interest to take away any piece of a team he's going to in order to help the Cavs. It's not in the Cavs best interest to take high salary

From a media standpoint, the Knicks are better. From an ownership standpoint I think both are extremely strong situations. (Neither owner will give a damn about the luxury tax)

The Nets have more current players than the Knicks. . . but how quickly will that change if Lebron is a Knick? The Knicks look to have one solid peice already in Gallarni. Bron would make two. I don't think it'd be long for a third or fourth to come down the pike.

We are down to 5 unbeatens early in the season. Celtics, Heat, Magic, Nuggets, Suns.

Denver starts off a 4 games in 5 nights trek against the Pacers, Nets, Heat and Hawks. The Hawks game is close to an auto loss. (very tough to win your 4th in 5th night on the road against a decent team, even early in the year) After those four games, JR Smith will be able to come back.

Miami is also a tough one. I'll be thrilled if the Nuggets take care of business against the Pacers/Nets, split the four and end the trip 5-2 overall. Without JR and with two critical division games early that'd be a sweet start.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote