View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #150
whomario
Pro Starter

We are 1-2 games into the season folks ... Miller playing 30 minutes off the bench imo is a good idea. Yeah, if he doesnīt buy into it thatīs an issue, but just because some media try to find a story here means it is actually true and will prevent him from playing good ball ?
Of course he was disapointed that he was not getting the starting job, why wouldnīt he ? Doesnīt mean he wonīt do a good job in his role later on in the season and then in April/May and maybe June.

They were very harmonic last year but got exposed when there was no one but Roy and maybe Aldridge able to create anything. Thatīs why they brought in Miller (and are looking to expand Fernandez ballhandling-duties) and if Roy isnīt accepting playing off the ball for stretches i call "Idiot" (and from some of his interviews it seems that way unfortunately) because he saw damn well against Houston last season what happens when heīs the only one handling the ball.

If Roy doesnīt buy into it, then getting Miller wonīt turn out to be a good move. But then itīs Roy to blame as well.

Of course he loves plaiyng with Blake, a guy giving him the ball with 20 on the shotclock, who then goes out of the way and waits for the kickout. But that doesnīt mean itīs what best for the team ...

Look at the Celtics, allowing a non-shooting PG to handle the ball and give the stars a break and good looks and easy baskets in the process. Whatīs not to like in having a good PG instead of a "shoots the 3 and goes out of the way" guy ?

Thatīs one of the big gripes i have about the NBA, the stars inability to consider playing off the ball and on the other hand everyone expecting guys growing up being stars in College to suddenly stand in the corner all game and wait for a kick out every 1 in 10 trips up the court.

Thatīs what i love about teams like the Rockets and Coaches like Adelmann, even with Yao they got everybody touches (even to a fault) and are mixing things up.

but iīm propably just babbling ...

EDIT : As for the money situation : Paul Allen. Yeah, itīs not fair but heīs there. I mean, if you are willing to pay the money itīs not really an issue wether you are going to be simply over the cap or over the cap by a lot.
So for them keeping Aldridge for more money rather than finding a replacement for less actually makes sense. Plus, they arenīt exactly in dire need of rebounding from the 4 spot with Oden and Przybilla being like the best rebounding tandem at either frontcourt position in the league.
I mean, they were the No1 rebounding team last year (+5.4) and outrebounded both the Rockets (by 18) and the Nuggets (by 8) handily so far .

Last edited by whomario : 10-30-2009 at 07:15 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote