View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #146
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
No question. On the other side of it, if you make a quick double on Oden, he looks lost. (see the 7 turnovers he made against Houston)

I think the Aldridge contract will be the one that hurts them long term. He's a nice player. He's not worth the money they paid him. He's also one of the softest big men in the league.

They still have a ton of talent and on any given night they can beat anyone, but I actually am a little more nervous about OKC then them. Not only for the future, but for this year.

Oden may never figure out how to handle double teams. But, he won't learn by watching Roy and Aldridge hoist jump shots before he touches the ball. Aldridge is especially galling - if you had not mentioned it here, there would be no way of knowing from last night's game he was, in fact, a big man.

Well, Portland did actually challenge for the division last year, in fact tying Denver for the championship, and losing nothing. They were 31 games better than OKC last year. Not sure they have lost enough nor that OKC has improved enough to close that large a gap. OKC has probably improved, but not by 31 games, and I don't expect Portland to be significantly worse.