View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #143
TroyF
Coordinator

Lawson and Blair both had average games. The Blazer put in a huge backcourt and Lawson got abused by Fernandez. (a guy he just shouldn't have been D'ing up on. Why he wasn't on Dre is beyond me)

I know it's only one game, but the Blazers look like there is something wrong with them. They really lacked fire. Miller looked like a horrible fit. Oden looked like a reserve big, not a #1 overall pick in the draft. Aldridge was simply shut down by Kenyon Martin. (who has put up two excellent defensive efforts so far this year.)

They had everything they wanted last night. They had the team they wanted to beat get into town late because of a snow storm. The Nuggets were without JR Smith due to the suspension. The Blazers were home and rested. The Nuggets played like garbage for most of the night and had one offensive rebound through the first 44 minutes of the game.

I really, really hope the Nuggets use make a deal for another serviceable big before the deadline. if they get a little more size inside, I think they have the pieces to make another deep run. Carmelo looks like he's going to put together a serious MVP run too.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote