View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #90
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am just saying...if it was my guy, I wouldn't just assume that he will be coming back even if he plays well and earns it. That's an awful lot of money for Celtics management to pay out when they're already paying boatloads to their big three.

I would also say, given how even some midlevel guys have gotten surprising deals when money was in play, that Rondo doesn't even need to play like a complete All Star to attract some serious top dollar offers from some teams.
Yeah, it does run the risk of some team offering near max money when he deserves 2-3m/y less, but if that's his asking price now what's the risk?

I'm definitely not happy the owners are apparently hurting for cash (which is allegedly why they're going after Big Baby for money), but they certainly won't be the last we hear of this season. Rondo's extension wouldn't kick in until 2011-12, and Allen will probably be gone (or at a much lower number than 19) by then, with Garnett drastically reduced from 21 after 2011-12. Since they're not Jeremy Jacobs, they would almost certainly bite the bullet for that 1 year overlap if it came to it. Scal and Tony Allen are also on the last years of their deals, which is 6m that could be replaced with minsal players for next year.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote