View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #88
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Which Celtics fans are ready to let him go? You make it sound like we/they're eager to see him gone when I think the current mood is wait and see, which given the uncertainties both of whether he keeps improving and the future NBA salary structure, is quite warranted.He's a restricted FA after this season. Prove you deserve big money, either the Celtics will offer it, match whichever team does offer it or sign and trade him for significant pieces. This current season is the most important one to try and win a title with Garnett/Allen/Pierce only having 0-3? years left at a high level, so why bother signing him when it only risks his motivation disappearing?

I am just saying...if it was my guy, I wouldn't just assume that he will be coming back even if he plays well and earns it. That's an awful lot of money for Celtics management to pay out when they're already paying boatloads to their big three.

I would also say, given how even some midlevel guys have gotten surprising deals when money was in play, that Rondo doesn't even need to play like a complete All Star to attract some serious top dollar offers from some teams.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote