View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #272
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Keep forgetting to chime in on the Wings, so here goes:

The team's lack of ability to hold leads is nuts (5 games with blown leads so far) but I am going to assume that eventually gets fixed since defense is Detroit's biggest strength.

On offense, Z and Dats not scoring is hurting the the team as much as anything. Obviously they'll pick it up and I am sure a nice 7-3 type stretch will follow.

Goaltending has been okay. Not bad, not great, just okay. Not much help a lot of the time, but then when they do have help they let a weak one slip.

Overall I think we'll be a 4 - 5 seed, and a threat if Ozzy steps up in the playoffs.

Not time to panic yet, though if we get 2-3 weeks more into the year and are playing like this, then I'll be more concerned.

I agree with you for the most part, but I am probably a bit more worried about things. We have not looked good at all in most of our games, and if not for some great saves by Osgood, we could have lost to Chicago and Washington earlier in the season as well.

The funny part is when I hear the morons already yelling for Babcock to be fired. Like he has anything to do with injuries, subpar defense/goalie play, the salary cap, and Zetterberg/Datsyuk forgetting how to score.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote