View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #44
Philliesfan980
Banned

I'm surprised nobody else commented on this story. I'm sure it's not unique. As your typical average middle class guy, comments like this make me absolutely hate professional athletes -

"Walker’s mother, Diane, said her son does not have a gambling problem. She added that “he doesn’t party any more than the next person’’ and “what you do with your life is your business.’’

“Antoine doesn’t owe anybody any explanation,’’ said Diane Walker. “He’s not out here hurting anybody. He’s trying to live his life peacefully. That’s all he’s doing . . . My son is young. Why can’t he just enjoy life, go where he wants to go?’’

AND...

"When asked about her son’s recent, well-documented financial and legal problems, Diane Walker stood stoically outside her front door. She made a sweeping gesture toward the mansion, moving her hand past a giant brick “W’’ embedded in the driveway.

“Antoine is doing great,’’ said Diane. “I have my home. He has his home. If he’s doing so bad, then how could we still be here?’’

What a POS. What a slap in the face to anyone who works for a living and struggles to do the right thing and pay their bills month to month.

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 10-27-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote