View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
How do you figure? Frankly I think we're in for a long year. We have no front court period. Gordon's going to get his 20+ a night off the bench but who else is going to score? Rip's going to have to share minutes whether he wants to or not so I would be surprised to see him score as high as he used to. I think we're lucky to be 8th in the conference. Orlando, Cleveland, Boston are the top 3 for sure - Chicago, Washington (assuming Arenas stays healthy), Atlanta I would put in front of Detroit. Then you've got Philly, Toronto, Miami and Detroit for those last two spots. I have to say if all parties are healthy I don't like Detroit's chances in that race. I put Detroit more on par with Indiana and even they might be better than the Pistons if Hibbert continues to develop.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a hard time seeing it. We traded Billups and blew up the team chemistry last year to get a bunch of cap space and then promptly blew it on a 6th man and a guy who couldn't even get significant minutes with a bad Milwaukee team and said bad Milwaukee team didn't even bother to offer him a qualifying offer so they could match an offer.

I'm going to say it right now Rip + Gordon is not going to work - somebody has to go between Rip and Tayshaun so we can get a big man. A team with Kwame Brown, Chris Wilcox and an aged Ben Wallace manning the middle isn't a playoff team.

I don't think being a 7th or 8th seed is good. I am just saying the team will probably score a lot but give up a whole lot more then it scores.

I'm with you this team is awful, but the East is still not that deep so the Pistons can sneak in to the playoffs.

Joe has done a terrible job constructing a team, but that is how it goes.

I mean, Stuckey and Gordon are going to be expected to play D together for 20 or so minutes a night.

How scary is that?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote