View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Pistons will be 7th in the NBA in scoring and end up as a 7 or 8 seed, if not miss the playoffs altogether, as they feature perhaps the worst defense in Detroit sports. Think about that for a second.

How do you figure? Frankly I think we're in for a long year. We have no front court period. Gordon's going to get his 20+ a night off the bench but who else is going to score? Rip's going to have to share minutes whether he wants to or not so I would be surprised to see him score as high as he used to. I think we're lucky to be 8th in the conference. Orlando, Cleveland, Boston are the top 3 for sure - Chicago, Washington (assuming Arenas stays healthy), Atlanta I would put in front of Detroit. Then you've got Philly, Toronto, Miami and Detroit for those last two spots. I have to say if all parties are healthy I don't like Detroit's chances in that race. I put Detroit more on par with Indiana and even they might be better than the Pistons if Hibbert continues to develop.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a hard time seeing it. We traded Billups and blew up the team chemistry last year to get a bunch of cap space and then promptly blew it on a 6th man and a guy who couldn't even get significant minutes with a bad Milwaukee team and said bad Milwaukee team didn't even bother to offer him a qualifying offer so they could match an offer.

I'm going to say it right now Rip + Gordon is not going to work - somebody has to go between Rip and Tayshaun so we can get a big man. A team with Kwame Brown, Chris Wilcox and an aged Ben Wallace manning the middle isn't a playoff team.