View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 02:35 AM   #118
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, got around to reading the rule set. Pretty interesting. Mostly basic roles, but there are some twists, like the Shaggy role, or the Fred-Daphne dynamic.

Shaggy essentially becomes somewhat of a one time seer and a good foundation for a COT down the road, so I hope he makes good reads on who will likely be protected.

As already noted, 18 players is an interesting number, because you can't really be sure how the numbers work out. The rules state Fred and 11 friends, and it seems like Scooby is one of those friends. So that's 12 of 18 in Fred's friend group, meaning six others left over. But there are only five wolf/cultist roles.

My guess is that actually, Scooby is not counting in that 11 friend group, so we would have Fred and his 11 friends (including most of the gang), and then Scooby is the 13th. Then the reminder are the listed wolf/cultist roles.

Just to be sure...

Schmidty, are there vanilla wolves in this game, Monsters that aren't named in the rules, but have no additional powers?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote