View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #23
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I have to admit that this has grown on me. I'll be watching. I enjoyed tonight's episode. I even watched the first episode again, and liked it better. I like the mechanic that the ship is stopping where they need it to. I can't explain why, but that is just different enough that I want to see how it develops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
It will be a few weeks before this series shows what it can do. I liked the first two Stargate series mainly because they didn't take themselves too seriously. The humor kept the show entertaining even when the main plot was weak. SGU looks like serious business and laughs will be in short supply.

Agree. I am not sure if I like the darker "more reallife" atmosphere of this series. That being said at least last night's episode (the second) was better than the first one. I agree if the ships stops every week where it wants that could be an interesting mechanic. I hope the show brings some more alien life into like Atlantis did, The Eli character could be interesting but God do I already hate the Lou Diamond character.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote