View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #146
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Maltby (36), Draper (38), and May (37). That line is a little long in the tooth even for the Red Wings.

What's up with Patrick Eaves? Is he injured? I sort of lost track of him.

Babcock said he'd play tonight if May can't go, but he'll for sure play the game after. Seems like he just hasn't found a spot, and the writing is on the wall, because when Helmer is gone someone has to go to GR and May is Babcock's guy, so I really don't see it being him, especially after what Babcock said today:

Quote:
“We got the crap run out of us,'' Babcock said. "We had May in a couple of games in exhibition and no one got hacked or whacked or touched. We don’t have him and we get run. You get tired of watching that.

"Our guys do a real good job of competing hard, but we don’t have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages and when you start seeing it all the time, it’s just nice when you got someone to look after that stuff now.

"Tough guys always play tough, I got no problem with that. But the guys that aren’t tough, when they play against you and are tough, that drives me crazy. So we’ve seen enough of that.’’
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote