View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #2068
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

You do realize those facebook quotes are all lyrics from songs right? The person in question posts lyrics of songs as his facebook status. The one you're referring to is a Lil Wayne song if I recall correctly. So you have to take those messages in context. Here's a link below that explains the facebook quotes.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1467804-p2.html

And you're mistaken if you think Bill Self or Lew Perkins would be ok with their players getting into fights with other athletes at their school. Lew Perkins prides himself on creating a family atmosphere for the athletic department. This is not something he would turn a blind eye too. Ask anyone who knows Coach Self and they'll tell you he's not a happy coach right now with the way his players have behaved. Do coaches want to win? Certainly. But they also don't want to babysit these young men. Hence why guys like Giles and Giddens were removed from the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Well, since you asked the question ....

If that's what passes for a "student-athlete" at KU and he isn't back on the street where he clearly belongs as quick as they can process the paperwork then I don't really believe Self nor Perkins gives much of a flying fuck about anything other than wins. If they did, they'd be trying to shed themselves of a piece of crap whose proud that he's "always a G about it".

Mind you that doesn't make them any different than a shitload of other football & basketball programs in the country, but it's pretty hard to defend anyone who puts up with it. I've got the same criticism for Tennessee signing a rapist to a scholarship, for Georgia Tech when Gailey played a freakin' dope dealer (the courts forced GT to let him back on the team, nobody forced Gailey to play his ass), and anybody else who ignores this sort of garbage just because a player runs or shoots well.

Last edited by the_meanstrosity : 10-06-2009 at 04:31 PM.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote