View Single Post
Old 08-23-2003, 06:41 AM   #28
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

20.04: Training, Youth Pull, Conditions, Week In Review

Training
Excellent! It happened! Storm went up to excellent in playmaking (still solid for Tryggvesson) so I'm going to try and sell him off to make room for Wellens, Little, and Tryggvesson to be the UberTrainees(TM). The bad news is that Storm's form continues to drop like a rock so selling him might be difficult. Mick Starks is still mired in his form slump at weak.

Future Training
We still need stamina, but our form is still too low. Playmaking until we can sneak in that one week.

Form
Starters: (+2) (-2)
Entire Team: (+4) (-6)

Starters Form
Solid (or above): Bush (exc) Meek
Passable: Viseslav Solomon Miguel Connors Christiano Phelan Kimber
Inadequate: Benito
Weak (or below): Starks

Starks is still down in the dumps right now. We don't have anyone who can even remotely replace him so he's going to have to just play through it. I'm toying with putting winger UberTrainee(TM) Peter Wellens in for the fixtures at winger. However, Viseslav's form bounced back up so I may not.

Value
Starters: (+7) (-3)
Entire Team: (+10) (-7)

Value Highlights
Above $100K: 9(+0)/9(+0)
Above $200K: 6(+1)/6(+1)
Above $300K: 2(+1)/2(+1)
Team Leader: Tim Kimber ($488K)
Outfield Leader: Carlos Alberto Benito ($314K)
Milestones: Thomas Little ($200K)

Just one week after being pulled, Little has passed the $200K mark. Hopefully he'll be an important part of our team for quite a while. I'm guessing he's really close to bumping (solid PM to go with his solid passing).

Team Stats
Total Wages: 30394 (-20)
Total Value: 2804000 (+6000)
Avg Value: 140200 (+300)
Avg Age: 22 (NC)
Avg Form: inadequate (NC)
Avg Experience: wretched (NC)
No of players: 20 (NC)
Nationalities: 11 (NC)

Youth Pull, Week 20.04
Three strong weeks but now our second dud in a row. I might be able to recoup $1K or $2K out of him but he's sympathetic so I'd rather just fire him than sell him for next to nothing and drop team spirit. Wait, never mind, he doesn't even have an inadequate as I was thinking of a previous youth pull. Our youth pull from 20.01, David Antonio Alonso Soto, sold for a healthy $94K to fc stijn, a Div V team in Belgie.

Youth Pull Status
Youth Pulls: 32
Youth Pull Grocers: 23 (+1)
Youth Pulls Sold: 8 (+1)
Youth Pulls Still With Club: 1 (-1)
Total Sold for: 684000 (+94000)

Youth Pull
Nelson Webster (15477212)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.
Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 11 000 US$
Wage: 540 US$/week

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: weak
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

Conditions

Youth Squad: excellent (max)
Investment in the Youth squad: 20 000 US$ / week (NC)

Sponsors: dancing in the streets (up one level from high on life)
Supporter Club: 1325 members (+16)
Supporters: delirious (NC)

Team Spirit: calm (down a level from content)
Confidence: decent (NC)

Back to calm TS, but that's the way it is on this team. Three game losing streak? No problem, for some reason I have yet to decipher (tho, I'm probably pretty hot on the trail when I'm guessing about our 10 spokespersons) why our sponsors and supporters keep getting happier and more numerous. It should be noted that we will be firing a pair of them at the end of the week- they just aren't pulling their weight enough. I love the high spirit and extra sponsor money, but they are really eating a lot of cash as my staff costs are still more than my wages!

20.04 Week In Review

On the Field
Iowa toyed with us before putting us out of our misery and into 6th place. Solomon and Meeks scored and Phelan was injured (fortunately not for very long). We only put up a 60 NSI and 30.0 stars, our worst Div IV showing to date. We need a win badly this week at home against Team Groomers. Then we played am international friendly at the Hippodrome against Lurking FC from Prathet Thai. Robert Tryggvesson (I can spell his last name by memory, finally- who the hell has double "g", anyways?) got a hat trick and Derrick Solomon scored a pair as we won 5-1.

Off the Field
Thankfully in the training updates, Daniel Storm bumped and will be put on the transfer wire very soon. We're looking to get about $500K for the 18yo excellent PM middie. We finally sold off 20.01 youth pull David Antonio Alonso Soto ($94K) and also shook things up after the loss to Iowa. Starting winger Donald Newsom was shipped out ($112K) in favor of either Ivan Viseslav or UberTrainee(TM) Pierre Wellens. Newsom had been slumping of late and we just didn't see the need of having 4 wingers on the team. Same thing happened to 20yo wingback Marcel Romo as his up-and-down career with the Hippos ended. He sold for $60K, a product of his crappy form. We bought him injured, nursed him back to health, got a couple of good games out of him and then his form died. No luck on the front of finding a new striker to play alongside Phelan. I'm hoping to have that solved this week with some of the money we just pulled in.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote