View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #2067
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Do you honestly believe guys like Bill Self or Lew Perkins would allow this kind of activity going on if they knew about it?

Well, since you asked the question ....

Quote:
“keep my name out ya’ mouth for you get smacked in it,” he wrote at 11:12 a.m. Tuesday, and 30 minutes later he posted, “never get outta character .. I’m always a G about it.”

About 4 p.m., Taylor posted, “(racial slur)s be muggin me ..you know I’m mugging back.”

If that's what passes for a "student-athlete" at KU and he isn't back on the street where he clearly belongs as quick as they can process the paperwork then I don't really believe Self nor Perkins gives much of a flying fuck about anything other than wins. If they did, they'd be trying to shed themselves of a piece of crap whose proud that he's "always a G about it".

Mind you that doesn't make them any different than a shitload of other football & basketball programs in the country, but it's pretty hard to defend anyone who puts up with it. I've got the same criticism for Tennessee signing a rapist to a scholarship, for Georgia Tech when Gailey played a freakin' dope dealer (the courts forced GT to let him back on the team, nobody forced Gailey to play his ass), and anybody else who ignores this sort of garbage just because a player runs or shoots well.