View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #68
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Go Go Black & Gold!

I'm wicked excited for the season. I don't see the B's ending the season first in the east again, but no lower than fourth either. I think Thomas will fall a little back to Earth, and the offense will sputter a bit. But overall I think this team is better suited for the playoffs than lat year's version.

Really? I'm not sure I agree. As much as I didn't like his attitude Kessel was still a very good goal scorer and, although Sturm is a good player he is injury prone and is hardly a sure thing. I think in order for the Bruins to really step it up they will need guys like Sturm and Derek Morris to play very well and Wheeler to put in a full season's worth of production. I think this year's team will experience an inevitable dropoff from last year's team, especially in the scoring department, and so I'm not sure I see them as being better suited for a playoff run. Still I hope they prove the ESPN analysts wrong: every analyst chose Boston to win their division but not even advance to the Eastern Conference finals.