View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #58
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
No real comment about the Sabres, but this makes me think of how Patrick Kaleta's NHL career started. His very first game was that comic experience against Ottawa a couple of years ago, the game where the Senators sent out Spezza, Comrie, and Heatley, and then Lindy Ruff countered with his tough guys. Kaleta is the guy who was matched up with Heatley at the faceoff, right before Heatley ran like a girl. That's what I'll always remember about Patrick Kaleta.

Ahhh, that brings back fond memories! I was at that game and it was right after Chris Neil knocked the crap out of Chris Drury with a cheapshot hit. Drew Stafford (a rookie that year) went after Neil then Ruff sent out Peters, Mair and Kaleta against the Spezza line.

Heatley was skating for his life as Spezza took a beating from Mair then of course, the goalies got into it before Peters and Ray Emery went toe to toe.

I think the Sabres finished the game with 13 skaters but won the game 6-5 or something. One of the greatest games I've seen in person...that building was ROCKING that night.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote