View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #38
Travis
Pro Rookie

A lot of people have been high on Gagner since he came in, I'm just waiting to see it myself. I'm just as reserved about Eberle (at least in regards to his label as a sniper, not his skating/ability to create plays) right now.

I really do hope that Gagner flourishes and it will hopefully help that while there is pressure on the team, he's not necessarily being as pressured to be the catalyst that he seemed to be a season or two ago. He's had some good stretches but right now still is a perimeter player and really needs to learn how to cut to the middle of the offensive zone a lot better and be willing to do so. He also needs to trust his abilities a bit more as one of his big down falls seems to be second guessing/pausing a bit too much with the puck at times before pulling the trigger. Given the other skill options on the team right now, he'll have a chance to work through his issues, and it'll be interesting to see how many PP chances he gets to do that when there are so many other options.