View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #242
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I can't stand this vote.

There is always someone willing to do a run on clap because he isn't the typical player. It's annoying. He's almost always a villager in these situations, so we're basically doing a number on ourselves by always going after him. So I would lean for the alternative, because voting clap is like voting for no one, if he's a wolf, hey, you knew what you were doing, if he's not, hey, it's clap. What a cop out. I guess that's the result when people don't want to put any thought into it.

But why is Martin the other candidate? Here's a guy who lives overseas, so he can't even be around to defend himself, and he's the other candidate. Why?

I believe we should lynch someone, because, in the end, I think achieving the 10 points is going to be very hard, with player attrition and the activities of the wolves. So we should stick with basic werewolf, and a no lynch doesn't make sense in basic werewolf.

But then you get a vote like this, where, for God knows what reason why, we have two candidates that probably shouldn't be candidates. Yes, I know Day One votes are a crapshoot, but do we always have to vote for "the weird guy" and "the guy who won't be around"?

Although I side with them on the "lynch"/"no lynch" thing, I did not like the illogical arguments used at points by Lathum (hyperbole) and lerriuqs (fearmongering), so I am going to vote for one of them. I refuse to accept the village vote, because I don't think people are using anything rational to pick out Martin and clap over others.

I know if I vote Lathum, he'll blow his top, so I'll vote lerriuqs. Feel free to follow me if you want.

VOTE LERRIUQS

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote