View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
we need real campaign finance reform to make it more difficult for corporations and special interests to buy politicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
From other threads, a lot of people seem to think that foreign terrorists have constitutional rights. Shouldn't those same people think foreign entities have a constitutional right to free speach?

And lots of people want to prosecute corporations criminally, which of course means that corporations have certain constitutional rights in that process. But do we only give them rights associated with criminal procedure, and restrict them from others we don't want them to have (like free speech)?

If we just mix and match and pick and choose who has which constitutional right, based on how desirable the outcome is, what does the constitution matter?

I guess I am in the minority who thinks that foreigners have no US constitutional rights, because they are, in fact, NOT US citizens. The whole thing in Guantanamo, while i don't condone torture persay, is a joke to say the least. Giving these people US constitutional rights is absurd.

I also believe that it should be harder, not easier, to pour money into a political campaign by corporations. Just my opinion of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote