Old 09-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #1108
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
that is simply not accurate.

NBA > ACB
Premier League >>>>>>>> MLS

I´m sorry, but this is now really not a valid cross-comparison. Not trying to bash the MLS here, but just compare the structure and what type of players make up the majority of the Rosters.
It is not nearly as desirable for a good Euro to go to the NBA than an offer from any european club of Italy, spain, england, germany and half a dozen other countries would be for any MLS player.

With the number of >>>>'s in the two comparisons you make it seem like the difference in quality between NBA and ACB is like the difference between La Liga and Serie A

Pau Gasol is afaik the best player Spain has ever produced and he comes over here and sure he's good but not one of the top 10 players in the league. I know ACB draws good players in from all over Europe and Americans who can't quite cut it in the States but still put up good numbers over there but no European has come over and been dominant on the level of a Duncan/Bryant/James/O'Neal, the closest I guess would be Nowitzki. Although I've heard Sabonis was a beast in his European days before injuries and age had caught up with him...

I would be interested to see how the best ACB teams (not to mention the mid-table ones) would do in the NBA playing with proper rules and a grown-man three point line. 20 wins maybe? We'll never know for sure but I think the talent difference between the leagues is a lot bigger than you have implied (unless you were talking more about money and prestige than on-court stuff).
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote