View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #31
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I just did another demo game, again with ze Germans. Poland collapsed after a month and a half and the game automatically had some Molotov-Ribbenthorpe Pact like event to split Poland between Germany and USSR.

After that I tried shifting a bunch of those troops over to the West but after a week or two realized that I was only sending the HQ units themselves and not the divisions under their command, so that slowed down my response time some. Once I got more guys in the western theater I DOW'd Belgium and Luxembourg, took most of those two countries and was just about to turn SW for Paris before time ran out.

After reading about the effectiveness of diplomacy I tried influencing several nations towards the Axis and it worked far too well. Hungary joined the Axis historically but I was also able to recruit Portugal and Spain a month into the demo. Spain immediately began ripping through France's sparsely defended Southern border and made it halfway to the English Channel before the demo ran out of time. Italy also took a few provinces in SE France but not nearly as many as my last game.

This game is addictive.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote