View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #30
Calis
College Starter

Most useless tutorial ever? I think so. It has the Paradox special of being completely non-interactive and they one upped themselves by having Hitler be your instructor. It is all over the top at trying to be funny and fails miserably. He shoots himself at the end of the tutorial. Not sure what else to say about that.

The map has some really odd geographical things going on. I suppose it has something to do with balance but the placement of New York and Philadelphia is completely out of whack. Lots of weird things going on there.

I do really like the new command structure though. Being able to macro the game a bit more and set objectives basically and have the AI take more control of getting it done. Makes it feel more like you're shaping the war and not an all powerful being.

I like how that extends to fronts and you can be in charge of the Eastern front and let the AI handle things on the West for instance. These are neat features.

The new research model is really neat in theory but overwhelming at first glance. It is almost incomprehensible to look at the screen. I really like what I've heard on the interdependency of the techs and how production helps research.

Didn't spend much time with it though, and think I will still wait a while. It has potential though, but a pretty steep learning curve even for those familiar with the series.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote