View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #18
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
I bought the remake of Secret of Monkey Island today and have put a little bit of time into it. Absolutely fantastic remake. It looks awesome. They did a great job beefing it up while keeping it pretty true to the original. They even included this really cool option to switch to "Classic" mode to see the original at the click of a button, so you can really see how close it is.

They've beefed up the music and voices as well. If you were at all a fan of the original or never got to play it and enjoyed some other LucasArts or Telltale adventure games pick it up. The dialog still holds up well, and while it does have the obligatory Adventure game insanity when it comes to puzzles I always thought the MI games toned that down quite a bit from say making a fake mustache out of cat hair and maple syrup.

It's only $10 also, so great value. I suggest buying it so Lucasarts gets the idea and does this to several of the older games. I'd absolutely love to see Maniac Mansion get this treatment, and I think it would also hold up extremely well, as would Day of the Tentacle.

I played through the 1st episode of the new Monkey Island game and its pretty solid. Sticks to the original formula pretty well although its really hard to grade since its just the first of a 5 part series.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote