View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #489
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
It's looking like the Wings will be a lot younger next year. I don't really see Hudler coming back at this point because it'll be going to an arbitrator and he could end up making 3 + mil that way.

Holland has went from saying Abdelkader will be in Grand Rapids to sounding more like he'll be down in Detroit to start the season. Personally I am all for it but we still need another winger. I think at this point the lines next year are:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Cleary
??? - Dats - Holmstrom
Leino - Flippula - Helm
Maltby - Draper - Abdelkader

I really don't know who slides into the 2nd line. I think it could be Leino. The guy can score and would be perfect to compliment Dats. Flip could also move to the wing and play on the second line but he has to shoot more if he wants to play at that line.

Regardless of how it shakes out I am excited. More so when Malts, Drapes and Holmer are off the books. I loved what they've done here but it's time to move on I'm afraid.

I totally agree.

There are still some guys out there and I'm sure the Wings will spend a little money to sign a guy or two on the cheap to see if one of them can play on the top two lines. If not, they can wait and see where the team is at the trade deadline and make a move then, picking up a pending UFA.

This team will not be as good as last year's team, but it will be interesting to see the young players taking on permanent roles and watching them develop.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote