View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #425
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I am always up for a good hockey argument, especially when I know I am right.

Why wouldn't he be HOF eligible?

• 389 wins (barring injury he will top 400 this season) - 10th all time
  • 3 Stanley Cup rings
  • 2.47 career GAA, only worse than Brodeur and Plante from the top 10 goalies in career wins
Here is a link to the site I used for my information:

NHL.com - Stats: Career Stats - Regular season - Goalie - Goalie Career Leaders - Career Wins

I see no reason to continue this argument. Let's get the thread back to the Rangers and Canadiens spending like drunken sailors.

Yes, he's won a lot of games... behind teams that mostly prevented the opposition from taking many shots, and especially few quality shots.

Lets look at this another way: he's never won a Vezina and as far as I can tell was only a finalist once (95-96). How many of those other top 10 goalies on your list can you say that about? Only Cujo, and even he was a finalist more than once (looks like he was 2nd or 3rd at least three times).

Osgood racked up wins behind some amazing teams, and was never considered a top-flight goalie at any point in his career. Even his own fans (see H_B above) admit that he isn't really a contender for one of the top 5 positions on the Canadian Olympic team, and this is coming off a couple of his best playoff runs ever.

Sorry, but he's not a Hall of Famer.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote