View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #420
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I am baffled by this post.

Most people don't think Osgood is that good. I am pretty sure that those who think he's good (like me), would have been shocked to see him invited the Olympic team tryouts. Shocked. If he had been, I would have considered it a surprising case of nepotism (especially since that's not how Yzerman rolls).

Osgood-loving fans defend him against all those Osgood-hating fans (which are the majority). He's better than most people give him credit for and has shown a tendency to step up during the playoffs. He's a good, dependable goalie and is the perfect fit for the right team. I don't think he'd make the cut as one of Canada's top 5 goalies.

Answer: Osgood is exactly as good as I think he is and his lack of an invitation to the Canadian Olympic team doesn't change that one iota, since I never considered him in that class.

I think he would actually do pretty well in that type of situation. I think a lot of his problems in the past involved a lack of focus, especially during the season. I know he has his detractors, but how can any goalie in the NHL with 400 victories not be good? He should make the HOF someday, and if not it would be a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote