View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #409
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Can't speak for how he was with the Hawks, but Sami was off this past season, had nagging injuries that largely derailed the season. From what I saw when I was right, though, he still seems plenty capable of doing what he has been doing, playing a tough, physical third line game, winning face offs and being an underrated Selke contender. Not going to get you more than 20 points though, usually, in a full season. Glue guy, good for team chemistry and in the playoffs.

Think Holmstrom, except he's not a jerk who runs over goaltenders in the crease.

Thanks for the write-up. Its actually nice that we're signing a 3rd line center to........center the 3rd line. And he's being sold to us as a 3rd line center (unlike our signing of Todd Marchant before the lockout, when Douggie Mac tried to hail him as our future 1st line center). It only took us 9 years, but we actually have some depth up the middle.

Here's the big news today, that I'm sure is getting some play up in Toronto this morning, but apparently Nash wasn't too happy with his first offer.

Quote:
“Things didn’t line up the way I anticipated them lining up,” Nash said. “I thought we had a solid chance of getting (a contract) done, especially with all the interest they said they had going into this.

“There were tons of teams throwing some pretty big money around (yesterday),” Nash said. “If this doesn’t get done, I’m sure I won’t have a problem getting signed by somebody next summer.”

These quotes are definitely out of character for Nash, so naturally everyone in Columbus is overreacting. Nash has came out and said how much he loves the city and wants to stay, so I think this is his way of getting some leverage back in the negotiations.

We'll see what happens, as I'm still thinking this deal will get done soon.
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote