View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

It could be a case of where the county/tax records say a number, and not having any other solid records to go off of then the realtor has to go off of that number. I know we fall into that sometimes. In fact we have a house right now that the county records show as being 1600 sq. ft., we had another realtor who showed it tell us how that can't be 1600 sq. ft. because he had the exact same floor plan a street over just sell and the county had it in the 1400's. In a situation like that we can't make any kind of change unless presented with another option on record, otherwise we could end up being the ones to get screwed over it. If it is wrong, we say that was our source for the info, and we had no other source on record to dispute that.

Now, iin a case like that though, we will say "The county says the sq. ft. is 1600, buuuut well that seems like it could be high to me." That way you are being honest with the buyer.

Anyways, I would say screw it, but that's just me.