View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
I don't have the option for gas since we have no gas lines here but I would prefer gas - mostly because I think the price of oil is going to go WAY up very soon. The run-up in gasoline prices happened in the summer and I was really worried about the cost of oil come winter. Prices crashed and that never happened. But it will, I believe. Natural gas prices could also go up, though... who knows.

As for some of the cons listed above, I disagree with most of them.

Running out of oil? I am on an automatic delivery system with the oil dealer. They keep track of how cold it is (degree days) and your household consumption. They come out to the house whenever it needs to be filled. I never think about it, have never run out of oil, and have never heard of anyone running out of oil on an automatic delivery schedule.

Safety? I think both are safe but oil seems safer. I'm not even sure that if your oil tank leaked and you dropped a match into it, it would burn. I could be completely wrong on that one, though. It certainly would NOT explode. An oil leak would not cause me great concern. A gas leak? Get the #$%^ out of the house. NOW.

Big bills? Get on a payment plan with your oil dealer. It works the same way as with the gas company. The estimated cost is spread over the entire year.

Yep.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote