View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #170
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You know, I know you like to bag on him, and he didn't get off to a good start, but Christensen was okay in the playoffs. Not a top six guy, but decent offensive filler at least, and I suppose he has the potential for more. As long as we don't need to count on that potential, he can be a useful player to have.

The team website for Anaheim says Nieds is coming back and coming back to the Ducks. No details yet, but that's what it says. I guess he won't be testing free agency then (happy about that).

Actually, I loved him while he was here. I wasted money on a #16 jersey in 2005!

He's a good 2nd line center on a borderline playoff team. But like you said, you'd rather not have to depend on him

But your words are perfect for him- offensive filler. While he's been good on faceoffs, outside of that he does nothing of value that you'd be able to use him on your 3rd line, and mostly wasted on your 4th line with guys who can't get him the puck. During the regular season, he's nice to stash on your 4th line for the shootout. Actually, the way Miro Satan got used by the Pens in the playoffs would be a perfect scenario for EC until he showed consistency-- give him the odd shift with Ryan and Perry to try and move Getzlaf around.

He's got great offensive tools, but he just doesn't seem like he wants to compete.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote