View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 09:15 PM   #33
lytic
College Benchwarmer

So here is my discusting Cup game... I would of had an solid mid has he not injure Crain... I still think the game randomly picks the score of my games without looking at the ratings.
They have a choice of 1-10 and I have a choice of 1-2.

MV Lisbon - SouthPark Cows 3 - 0

Date: 8/14/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 9441790
Arena: The Spectrum
Crowd: 29870

29870 spectators arrived at The Spectrum, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Lisbon had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Aladrén - Crist, Mcintyre, Austria - Lovric, Fogeldahl, Aafjes, Pérez, Wong - Ben Naor, Kiik.

SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Black - Marcusson, Davis, Wilhelm - Mcnutt, Crain, Dragóner, Millard, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

SouthPark had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 8:th minute when Sven Gustavsson came up alone against Jordi Aladrén who managed a block. Lisbon had a good opportunity to take the lead as Shannon Wong came up the left side, but he struck the ball weakly and it went straight into the arms of Palmer Black. Billie Mcintyre was very close to giving Lisbon the lead with an ingenious free kick routine in the 37:th, the ball just grazing the bar. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Lisbon´s Shannon Wong got himself booked. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Lisbon, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 51st minute goal by Thomas Fogeldahl for Lisbon, putting them ahead 1 - 0. In the 52nd minute Lisbons Billie Mcintyre received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. SouthPark were forced to a substitution as Steve Crain couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment. Maxim Ben Naor almost managed to score another goal for Lisbon, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Lisbon put themselves up 2 - 0 when Adrian Crist broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The structure of the game started to change as Lisbon decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Lisbon lead up with 3 - 0. Maxim Ben Naor finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Lisbon held the ball, with a clear 64 percent possession rate.

Lisbon´s best player was Jordi Aladrén. Slaven Lovric was a disappointment, however. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Peter Marcusson. Olof Bokfeldt was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 0.

Team Attitude: Play it Cool

RATING

MV Lisbon
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: excellent
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: solid

SouthPark Cows