View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It was actually 2 years ago yesterday.

Brain injuries are definitely not understood very well. But it seems like the extreme effects are still pretty selective. Young and Aikman had more advanced helmets and awareness of these issues then they had decades ago, and we don't see many old Packers from the 60s murdering their families (though we do have the occasional Mike Webster)

Personally, though, I think Benoit was just a weird, violent guy. If he hadn't been a good wrestler nobody would be giving him the benefit of the doubt about the brain injuries causing his actions. I also never understood the commonly cited claim (though not in that article), that Benoit had the brain of an "80-year old Alzhemier's patient". I've never heard of an 80-year old Alzhemier's patient who is able to live independently on the road, in a different city every night, and memorize lines, etc, with nobody noticing that he might be having a little issue with dementia) This isn't a guy who was put out to pasture and committed his crimes years later once he dropped out of society.

he didnt memorize many FWIW

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote