View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #250
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It's really hard being a fan Gary, I agree it's a borderline debacle.

No way I make the trade for Shaq Fu now, not when I can get a much better player with those contracts.

I agree - the team was a disaster and with one player you've been within reach of the championship. In 12 months there's a chance this franchise goes right back to the bottom of the league. It's an absolute shame that in his time there LeBron has been surrounded with a joke of a front office and head coach as well as not one single fairly young player with the potential of being a long-time solid #2 option to LeBron.

I don't see how this trade does anything but push LeBron out the door. If you win and its attributed to Shaq's help then LeBron knows an even older Shaq may not even be back so the team isn't any better plus he delivered the city a title so he can leave knowing he brought that home. If they don't win then LeBron can see that all they gave him was an old Shaq and leave because the organization isn't serious about getting in long term players to build with.

They better do whatever it takes to make another move to bring in someone who might actually help them win it this year and be there to continue winning in the future.