View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #134
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Dola

Came across some things that I will put here that somewhat validates what I said earlier about the Wings drafting...

Quote:
The other thing that needs to be pointed out with Detroit is that their development system is so good because players take a long time to make the NHL. If Kronwall, Filpulla, and Hudler had been playing for Florida, all three would have over 300 games in the NHL by now, and players like Mowers and Helm would have been in the NHL a year and a half ago. They take it slow and it works, but it also negatively impacts on the stats you’re examining.

Quote:
Detroit is a hard beast to gauge because of all these factors. But then again the same arguments can be made in reverse to some of the other organizations. I.E would so and so have made it through on another team?
The Tool is awesome to look back at the Data, but drafting really is a hard thing to qualify as there are so many variable factors from team to team.

Perhaps they are lucky in the later rounds, but they still have to spot the talent in the first place. It is disappointing, however, to see all of the first round flame outs in the past decade (Wallin, Kusnetsov, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote