View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #242
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
There's a ton of speculation on the Rockets board that the Rox are going to trade TMac and Aaron Brooks for Amare Stoudamire and an expensive body (Barbosa is the most commonly seen name). Then they would use Carl Landry as trade bait to move up in the draft to get a PG to replace Brooks...

Arles, are y'all hearing anything like that out your way?

I was reading Morey's quotes in the Chronicle where he seems dead set about wanting to move into this draft and I just don't understand it. It's a weak draft so why trade something that is useful (rotation player for 2009-10) for something that isn't so much (a mid-late 1st round draft pick in a weak draft).

If they're trading TMac, does that mean they're planning to keep Artest? Unless they can get a contract they can walk away from back in return, they can't lose both of those guys and replace all that scoring. Their biggest need is still PG and I'd be content with a distributor and defender there, but unless they have some magic way to get CP3- I don't see them replacing those points.

I guess I understand getting Stoudamire- he's a quality PF, but, again, isn't the biggest need the Rockets have, it's PG. I'm content with the Scola/Landry PF combo- they're not great but they're cheap and can get the job done

Then again, I also saw the little blurb about Yao still not being healed yet. If he's not going to be right next year, I guess planning for 09-10 isn't that important.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote